Ciri “Battery Health Management” diperkenalkan.
Seminggu selepas Apple melepaskan kemas kini iOS 13.5 kepada pengguna peranti iOS, hari ini giliran pengguna macOS pula menerima kemas kini terbaru macOS Catalina 10.15.5.
Dalam kemas kini ini, ciri utama terbaru iaitu ciri “Battery Health Management” diperkenalkan kepada pengguna MacBook Pro.
“The battery health management feature in macOS 10.15.5 is designed to improve your battery’s lifespan by reducing the rate at which it chemically ages. The feature does this by monitoring your battery’s temperature history and its charging patterns.
Based on the measurements that it collects, battery health management may reduce your battery’s maximum charge when in this mode. This happens as needed to ensure that your battery charges to a level that’s optimized for your usage—reducing wear on the battery, and slowing its chemical aging.
While battery health management benefits your battery’s long-term lifespan, it can also reduce the amount of time your Mac runs on one battery charge when capacity limits are applied. If your priority is making your Mac notebook last as long as possible before recharging, you can turn the feature off.” Apple
Berikut adalah log penuh kandungan kemas kini macOS Catalina 10.15.5:-
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 Update –– Restart Required
macOS Catalina 10.15.5 introduces battery health management in the Energy Saver settings for notebooks, an option to control automatic prominence of video tiles on Group FaceTime calls, and controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac.
Battery Health Management
• Battery health management to help maximize battery lifespan for Mac notebooks
• Energy Saver preference pane now displays battery condition and recommends if the battery needs to be serviced
• Option to disable battery health management
For more information, please visit https://support.apple.com/kb/HT211094
FaceTime Prominence Preference
• Option to control automatic prominence on Group FaceTime calls so video tiles do not change size when a participant speaks
Calibration Fine-Tuning for Pro Display XDR
• Controls to fine-tune the built-in calibration of your Pro Display XDR by adjusting the white point and luminance for a precise match to your own display calibration target
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
• Fixes an issue that may prevent Reminders from sending notifications for recurring reminders
• Addresses an issue that may prevent password entry on the login screen
• Fixes an issue where System Preferences would continue to show a notification badge even after installing an update
• Resolves an issue where the built-in camera may not be detected when trying to use it after using a video conferencing app
• Addresses an issue for Mac computers with the Apple T2 Security Chip where internal speakers may not appear as a sound output device in Sound preferences
• Fixes a stability issue with uploading and downloading media files from iCloud Photo Library while your Mac is asleep
• Resolves a stability issue when transferring large amounts of data to RAID volumes
• Fixes an issue where the Reduce Motion Accessibility preference did not reduce the speed of animations in a FaceTime group call
Selain itu, Apple turut memperbetul dan menambah baik ciri keselamatan macOS Catalina menerusi kemas kini terbaru ini.
Antara isu yang diperbetulkan adalah isu serangan ke atas akaun pengguna macOS, eksploitasi ke atas ciri AirDrop, Audio, Bluetooth Find My Mac serta Wi-Fi.
Info lanjut tentang perkara ini boleh didapati dalam laman rasmi sokongan Apple.